Welcome to Earth and Mars
This introduction will expose students to Mars imaging software platforms so that students may become familiar with their navigation and imagery products.
- Navigate and use both Google Mars and JMARS.
- Become familiar with imagery collections available via the above software programs such as: HiRISE, CRISM, and THEMIS.
Context for Use
Description and Teaching Materials
- In-Class Activity 1: Mars Analogs
- In-Class Activity 2: NASA Clickworkers
Teaching Notes and Tips
- Before assigning Homework 1 or 2 spend some time exploring both Google Mars and JMARS with the students for a "first pass" exposure.
- Students will be exploring the functions of the software and will not need any prior geologic knowledge to complete the homework provided here.
Methods of assessment are within each individual In-Class Activity and Homework.