Dealing with Copyright
February 21, 2014 (Friday)
9:00 am PST | 10:00 am MST | 11:00 am CST | 12:00 pm EST
Duration: 1.5 hours with extra time for questions
Platform: Online web presentation and discussion via phone and Adobe Connect web conference software with questions and answers following. See Technology Instructions to connect.
1) Assess the copyright situation of potential InTeGrate materials.
2) Identify an appropriate range of options with which they might 'deal' with the copyright requirements of potential InTeGrate materials.
3) Correctly record the provenance and reuse details of material they upload into the CMS for their InTeGrate module.
4) Explain what the end users of InTeGrate are allowed to do with InTeGrate materials.
- Quick Introductions of Presenters - 5 minutes
- Presentation on Copyright: What, when, why and how (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 1.5MB Feb20 14) - 20-30 minutes
- Small group activity - 30 minutes
- Share out from smaller discussions - 20 minutes
- Wrap up and Questions - 10 minutes
Download the presentation here (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 1.5MB Feb20 14)
The SERC site has a lot of material on copyright, especially with regards to sharing materials on the SERC site itself. The following links may be helpful to you as you begin to pursue this topic:
- Here is the main InTeGrate page about copyright that was written up specifically for the module authors: http://serc.carleton.edu/integrate/info_team_members/currdev/copyright.html
- And here is another generic SERC page that speaks to copyright and authoring materials on our site that is somewhat duplicative and somewhat complementary: http://serc.carleton.edu/serc/authoring/copyright.html
- This is the page for the public users of the site which explains what people can (and can't) do: http://serc.carleton.edu/integrate/about/terms_of_use.html