To help you get the most out of the workshop, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here's a list of those preparatory activities and their deadlines:
By February 10th:
- Register and pay for the workshop (payment is required at the time of registration).
By February 24th:
Submit a description of your Intro course. These course profiles will be featured in the Cutting Edge web-based collection. Submissions are done via an online form which contains text fields for narrative descriptions, plus avenues for uploading files.
Please note that if you have already submitted a course to the Cutting Edge collection, you do not need to submit another one. Instead, we ask that you update your existing submission by visiting your account; any contributions you have made will be listed under "Web pages you may edit." Contact Molly Kent (mkent AT carleton.edu) with any questions.
Submit a 1- to 3-page essay about how your introductory course(s) serve your students, your department, and your institution. What features of your course(s) are targeted at serving those different audiences and needs, and how do you know those features are working?
We hope that your essay will be a strong piece of writing sharing a few important ideas that you think will be of high interest to the other participants. The essays will be posted on the workshop website and become part of the Cutting Edge resource collection.Overview page.
Prior to the workshop:
- Check your internet connection by visiting this link: http://admin.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
If the first three criteria on the test page are met, your connection will support Adobe Connect. If you are going to be a co-leader, you must meet all four criteria.
- Choose a phone line. A landline works best to minimize static and feedback. If you will be a co-leader, a headset is recommended, but not required.
- Read all of the essays by your fellow workshop participants. We will send you a PDF of them prior to the workshop.
- Review the course descriptions by your fellow workshop participants.