This event has already taken place
This webinar series explored using photography to teach geoscience. Virtual presentations were held once a week from February to March, 2013. This workshop was convened to help geoscientists improve their photographic skills to enhance the creation and use of geo-imagery in research and instructional practices. Learn more from the workshop web page.
From the Earth and Mind Blog, Through a Lens Darkly, and Then Face to Face–reflections on the philosophy of photography by Dave Mogk
Digital Image Archives:
- Earth Science Picture of the Day (more info) from NASA's Earth Science Division and the EOS Project Science Office (at Goddard Space Flight Center) and the Universities Space Research Association.
- NASA's Earth Observatory images , organized by topic, including the Image of the Day
- Earth Science World image bank , a service provided by the American Geosciences Institute (AGI).
- GeoDil image library (more info) , a geoscience digital library.
- NASA's Visible Earth (more info)
- GeoEye satellite imagery.
- Digital Globe satellite imagery.
CNET Digital Camera Forum provides a helpful starting place to get your questions answered by others in the community.
Learn more about common terms used in digital photography from this DigicamGuides page
- Join our email list. Share insights, ask questions, or network with other faculty. The link above will also provide access for list members to the email list archives and allow you to unsubscribe.
- Submit a teaching activity or a course description.
- Know a really good resource for geophotography or photography in general? Share it with us.