Apply by June 16 for Fall 2023 MATLAB Workshop!published May 31, 2023 11:08am
The deadline is approaching to apply to the Teaching Computation with MATLAB workshop! Save your spot by applying now-- this 3-day workshop is free to participate in, and stipends are available to help cover travel and lodging expenses as needed by participants.
Date: October 22-24, 2023 (Sunday 5PM - Tuesday 2PM, Central Time)
(Application Deadline - June 16th, 2023)
Audience: Educators teaching undergraduate science, math, engineering, and related disciplines
Location: Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota (in-person)
At these 3-day, peer-led workshops, educators work with their colleagues and MATLAB experts to develop and revamp their computational courses, whether in-person, remote or hybrid. Hundreds of educators have attended these MATLAB workshops and developed impactful curricula for use in their courses.
In the workshop, participants will
- Develop Curriculum: Upgrade curriculum with new computational content
- Work with Mentors: Participate in coaching sessions with educator peers and MATLAB experts
- Publish: Develop a teaching activity for peer-review and public hosting, enabling citing and reuse
- Build Community: Network with educators teaching programming and discipline skills combined
- Learn MATLAB teaching tools: Learn how to embed MATLAB tools such as MATLAB Live Scripts, MATLAB Online, MATLAB Grader, MATLAB Onramp in courses to improve student learning
Workshop conveners will review applications and send acceptances in July 2023. Peer reviewers will provide teaching activity feedback prior to the workshop, allowing participants to improve and resubmit their activities.
We look forward to your participation and meeting you at the workshop!
Lisa Kempler, MathWorks
Cailin Huyck-Orr, SERC
Maureen Kahn, SERC
Don Baker, workshop convener and reviewer, McGill University
Dan Burleson, workshop convener and review editor, University of Houston
Kristi Closser, workshop convener and reviewer, California State University -- Fresno
Michele McColgan, workshop convener and reviewer, Siena College
Kelly Roos, workshop convener and reviewer, Bradley University
If you have questions, feel free to contact Lisa Kempler directly at email@example.com.
Contact Maureen Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the workshop, website, or application.
For more information see: