Selected References and Sources for Continued Study
The selected references listed below will help you continue your study of the petrology of the Yellowstone and Crater Lake volcanic rocks.
- Bacon, C.R., and Druitt, T.H., 1988, Compositional evolution of the zoned calcalkaline magma chamber of Mount Mazama, Crater Lake, Oregon: Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 98, p. 224-256.
- Bacon, C.R., Gunn, S.H., Lanphere, M.A., and Wooden, J.L., 1994, Multiple isotopic components in Quaternary volcanic rocks of the Cascade Arc near Crater Lake, Oregon: Journal of Petrology, v. 35, p. 1521-1556.
- Druitt, T.H., and Bacon, C.R., 1989, Petrology of the zoned calcalkaline magma chamber of Mount Mazama, Crater Lake, Oregon: Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology, v. 101, p. 245-259.
- Nakada, W., Bacon, C.R., and Gartner, A.E., 1994, Origin of phenocrysts and compositional diversity in pre-Mazama rhyodacite lavas, Crater Lake, Oregon: Journal of Petrology, v. 35, p. 127-162.
- Suzuki-Kamata, K., and Kamata, H., 1993, Evolution of the caldera-forming eruption at Crater Lake, Oregon, indicated by component analysis of lithic fragments: Journal of Geophysical Research, v. 98, p. 14059-14074.
- Bindeman, I.N., and Valley, J.W., 2001, Low delta-18O rhyolites from Yellowstone: magmatic evolution based on analyses of zircons and individual phenocrysts: Journal of Petrology, v. 42, p. 1491-1517.
- Christiansen, R.L., 2001, The Quaternary and Pliocene Yellowstone Plateau Volcanic Field of Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 729-G, 145 p.