Rendezvous Student Support Stipend
The application deadline has passed.
The Earth Educators' Rendezvous includes many workshops and events that will be of interest to current undergraduate and graduate students. Notably, the conference is an opportunity to meet with educators and scientists from around the country, and those interactions can help build a sense of connection to the larger community. It is also an opportunity to build skills and expertise in pedagogy, learn about cutting edge educational research, and prepare for a career in education and/or academia.
The Rendezvous Student Support Stipend is intended to reduce the costs of attending the conference for current students in exchange for assistance in supporting Rendezvous programming. Stipends will be provided in the form of a discount code that you can use when registering for the Rendezvous.
There are a total of 10 stipends available:
- Four $200 stipends are available for supporting Monday-Wednesday morning workshops
- Four $125 stipends are available for supporting Thursday-Friday morning workshops
- One $200 stipend is available for supporting Monday-Wednesday afternoon programming
- One $125 stipend is available for supporting Thursday-Friday afternoon programming
Prior to the Rendezvous, students who receive a stipend are expected to:
- Attend a 1-hour prep meeting prior to the Rendezvous
- Watch a 1-hour webinar
- Register for the Rendezvous days that they are assigned
During the Rendezvous, students who receive a stipend are expected to:
- Be available for assigned Rendezvous hours
- Support assigned Rendezvous sessions as detailed in pre-Rendezvous prep meetings and communications
Please complete the application form to apply for a stipend. Applications are due by April 12, 2021, and awardees will be notified by the end of April.
In order to receive the stipend, recipients are required to register for the Rendezvous days that they are assigned. Stipends will be provided in the form of a discount code that you can use when registering for the Rendezvous.
Applicants should have experience using and hosting Zoom meetings and be comfortable with assisting others in using Zoom.
For those applying for additional monetary support to attend the Earth Educators' Rendezvous, the limit on the combined award from Earth Educators' Rendezvous/NAGT sources (e.g. participation in review camp, travel stipends, etc.) is $500.
Questions? Contact Mitchell Bender-Awalt (firstname.lastname@example.org)