Resources for Traveling Families
We understand Earth Educators' Rendezvous participants may be traveling with children. Unfortunately the Earth Educators' Rendezvous is unable to provide on-site child care. However, Albuquerque has a wealth of summer camps* for your child to have fun at during the Rendezvous.
Need Childcare during the Rendezvous?
- Albuquerque Academy This is another private school that runs excellent summer programs.
- Bosque School summer camps This is one of the private schools that has a good summer camp program.
- The Children's Campus at UNM They have excellent 2 week long summer camps, but for younger kids these are usually booked full before anyone from outside the community gets a chance. For middle school age kids, they have camps that don't always fill.
- Explora Science Center
- The Jewish Community Center Their summer camp info isn't up yet, but they run good programs for all.
- Liz Sanchez Stables They run one-week summer camps that are pretty fun and expose kids to horses.
- The Museum of Natural History Good camps on varied science topics.
- The National Museum of Nuclear Science and History
- The Zoo (BioPark) The zoo has fun camps that run for a week and may have before and after care.
Resources for Breastfeeding Moms
*Disclaimer: The Earth Educators' Rendezvous does not screen providers and makes no representations regarding them. Providers are not employees of the Rendezvous or the University of New Mexico and are hired directly by the client. The Earth Educators' Rendezvous also does not screen clients and makes no representations to providers regarding them. The clients and providers acknowledge that the organizers of the Rendezvous and the University of Albuquerque are not responsible for, and will be held harmless against, any injury, loss, or other damage arising from the clients' and helpers' use of this list.