Green Landscape and Environmental Policy
- Develop lectures that discuss environmental policy and horticulture practices in communities.
- Create classroom activities that incorporate green landscape design practices in residential areas.
- These classroom activities will be implemented in the field.
Skills and concepts that students must have mastered
- To become more thoughtful observers and critics of the horticulture landscape. To develop the ability to embody an idea within residential, commercial, and governmental landscape.
- To develop the ability to think and conceptualize rain gardens, bioretention, and environmental impact.
- To develop the graphic communication skills required to convey formal intentions of design to customers.
How the activity is situated in the course
- A sequence of activities
Content/concepts goals for this activity
- Water quality determination and preservation
Higher order thinking skills goals for this activity
- Critical evaluation of incorporating rain gardens and water cisterns to residential areas
Other skills goals for this activity
- Develop an interactive website and videos for training
Description of the activity/assignment
Determining whether students have met the goals
8-block model word document (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 16kB Feb9 10)
Teaching materials and tips
There are several websites that will help you in understanding rain gardens:
Rain gardens are incorporated into the permaculture system
- Solution Set: