To help you prepare for the workshop on Developing Student Understanding of Complex Systems in the Geosciences, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here's a list of those preparatory activities and their deadlines:
By March 26:
- Make your travel plans. For information on travel, lodging, ground transportation and meals see the logistics page.
- Write your essay.
- Register for the workshop.
- Contribute two items that demonstrate effective strategies for teaching about complex systems. Click on the links below to share
- a teaching activity and supporting information
- a course syllabus and supporting information
- an assessment or evaluation NOT linked to a specific teaching activity (see an example of an assessment not related to complex systems)
- Optional: Contribute any other resource (reference, visualization, etc.)
By April 9:
- Contact Linda Goozen (email@example.com) if you will need to borrow a laptop (that is, if you will not be bringing your own) for the workshop.
Prior to the workshop:
- Print out (and bring with you) this map of Carleton College (Acrobat (PDF) 570kB Oct21 08)
- Bring your laptop.
- Optional, but encouraged: make a poster for the poster session at the opening reception. Your poster will need to fit on an easel 6' wide by 4' high. When it's ready, upload your poster. Note: We cannot print your poster for you; you will need to print it out and bring it to the workshop yourself. However, we ask you to upload it so that we can make it available as a downloadable file from the workshop website.