Knowledge Survey Questions - Oceanography
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 1
- What is ENSO?
- Describe the chronology of events leading to an El Nino event.
- How is the Atlantic hurricane season effected by El Nino?
- Is a planula a plant or animal?
- What is the extent of the global tsunami warning/buoy system?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 2
- Describe the effects on global climate if there were no isthmus connecting the America's.
- How does the gulf stream current effect global climate?
- Describe the role of krill in the Antarctic ecosystem.
- How does a tsunami form?
- What is post-glacial rebound?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 4
- What is the role of limestone formation in climate change?
- Describe the stability of ocean salinity over time.
- What is the fate of the Great Lake shorelines in the near future?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 5
- How could a tsunami warning system be improved to negate coastal fatalities?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 6
- Synthesize the use of oxygen and hydrogen isotopes in fossils preserved in marine sediments to changes in global climate over time.
- Provided an image of global continent and ocean basin locations, interpret the surface and deep water currents and their effects on global climate.