Examples of Knowledge Survey Questions (Excel PRIVATE FILE 84kB May10 05)
(Seminal and especially useful questions marked with **. For web pages, the last date when the link was checked is given.)
- Feldman, K.A., 1998, Identifying exemplary teachers and teaching: Evidence from student ratings: in Teaching and Learning in the College Classroom: in Feldman, K.A., and Paulsen, M.B., editors, 2 nd edition, Simon and Schuster, Needham Heights, MA, p. 391-414.
- Fink, L.D., 2003, Creating Significant learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses: Jossey-Bass, 295 p.
- Georgia Southern University, no date, "Knowledge Survey Field Trial: Home"(13 March 2005). http://ogeechee.litphil.georgiasouthern.edu/trial/
- Knipp, D., 2001, Knowledge surveys: What do students bring to and take from a class?: United States Air Force Academy Educator, Spring, 2001.
- Nuhfer, E., 1993, Bottom-line disclosure and assessment: Teaching Professor, v. 7, no. 7, p. 8.
- **Nuhfer, E.B., 1996, The place of formative evaluations in assessment and ways to reap their benefits: Journal of Geoscience Education, v. 44, p. 385-394.
- **Nuhfer, E.B., and Knipp, D., 2003, The knowledge survey: A tool for all reasons: To Improve the Academy, v. 21, p. 59-78.
- Nuhfer, E.B., 2004a, Build a Knowledge Survey for Better Learning: Nutshell Notes, v. 12, no. 1, (13 March 2005). https://web.archive.org/web/20100529011345/http://www.isu.edu/ctl/nutshells/nutshell12-1.html
- Nuhfer, E.B., 2004b, Assessment - What's Coming up Soon: Nutshell Notes, v. 12, no. 8, (13 March 2005). https://web.archive.org/web/20100529011800/http://www.isu.edu/ctl/nutshells/nutshell12-8.html
- University of North Dakota, no date, "Knowledge Surveyor Project Homepage" (13 March 2005). http://www.ks.und.edu/
- Wiggins, G., McTighe, J., 2001, Understanding by Design: Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 201 p.
- **Wirth, K. and Perkins, D. (2005) Knowledge Surveys: The ultimate course design and assessment tool for faculty and students. Proceedings: Innovations in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference, St. Olaf College/Carleton College, April 1-3, 2005, 19p. https://www.macalester.edu/geology/facultystaff/karlwirth/