Sequence Stratigraphy Model (for Macintosh)
This activity was selected for the On the Cutting Edge Reviewed Teaching Collection
This activity has received positive reviews in a peer review process involving five review categories. The five categories included in the process are
- Scientific Accuracy
- Alignment of Learning Goals, Activities, and Assessments
- Pedagogic Effectiveness
- Robustness (usability and dependability of all components)
- Completeness of the ActivitySheet web page
For more information about the peer review process itself, please see http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/review.html.
This page first made public: Jul 16, 2006
Skills and concepts that students must have mastered
How the activity is situated in the course
Content/concepts goals for this activity
Higher order thinking skills goals for this activity
Other skills goals for this activity
Description of the activity/assignment
Determining whether students have met the goals
2) Discussion of results in class
3) Discussion in the field of how a rock sequence relates to the cartoons generated in the lab.
Download teaching materials and tips
- Activity Description/Assignment (Microsoft Word 1.4MB Jul10 06)
- Instructors Notes (Microsoft Word 349kB Jul10 06)
- Solution Set (Microsoft Word 889kB Jul10 06)
- Instructions for files:
- Create a folder on your desktop in which to store all the Fuzzim files.
- Ctrl + click on each file, and select 'download linked file.' Make sure the file retains its same file name, as that is the file name the program will look for.
- Move all of the downloaded files into the folder you created on your desktop
- Open that folder and start Fuzzim by double-clicking on the appropriate symbol.
- Follow the instructions in the Fuzzim user's manual to run the program.
- Fuzzim freeware file (Mac System 9) ( 260kB Jul10 06)
- User's manual for Fuzzim (Microsoft Word 169kB Jul11 06)
- Support files to run Fuzzim. These are loaded into the folder with Fuzzim and are used to give the application its instructions to run the simulation.
- PROJ_BCstartup ( 7kB Jul10 06) Start-up file required for Fuzzim. File name is PROJ_BCstartup
- SURF_BC Slope.txt ( 730bytes Jul10 06) Initial profile. File name is SURF_BC Slope.txt
- PROJ_BC SlopeA.txt ( 10kB Jul10 06) Slope file. File name is PROJ_BC SlopeA.txt
- PROJ_B&C Atlantic ( 10kB Jul11 06) File name is PROJ_B&C Atlantic
- PROJ_B&C Slope ( 10kB Jul11 06) File name is PROJ_B&C Slope
- PROJ_B&C SlopeA ( 10kB Jul11 06) File name is PROJ_B&C SlopeA.txt
- PROJ_B&Cstartup ( 7kB Jul11 06) File name is PROJ_B&Cstartup
- SEAL_Order02.txt (Text File 3kB Jul11 06) File name is SEAL_Order02.txt
- SURF_Atlantic.txt (Text File 680bytes Jul11 06) File name is SURF_Atlantic.txt
- SURF_Atlantic-2.txt (Text File 679bytes Jul11 06) File name is SURF_Atlantic-2.txt
- SURF_B&C Slope.txt (Text File 730bytes Jul11 06) File name is SURF_B&C Slope.txt
- SEAL_Order02.txt ( 2kB Jul10 06) Sea level curve file. File name is SEAL_Order02.txt