July 21-July 24, 2005
Application Deadline: March 15, 2005
Pennsylvania State University
This workshop is designed specifically for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows who are interested in pursuing academic careers. Faculty members and administrators will provide guidance and information that will help participants to be stronger candidates for academic positions and to succeed in academic jobs. Session topics focus on becoming both a successful teacher and researcher. Each participant will take home ideas to improve teaching right now and will develop a personal action plan.
- Heather Macdonald, College of William and Mary
- Robyn Wright Dunbar, Stanford University
- Eric Baer, Highline Community College
- Rachel Beane, Bowdoin College
- Tim Bralower, Pennsylvania State University
- Lesley-Ann Dupigny-Giroux, University of Vermont
- Kurt Friehauf, Kutztown University
- Cathy Manduca, Carleton College
- Molly Miller, Vanderbilt University
- Steven Wojtal, Oberlin College
This workshop is part of the On the Cutting Edge professional development program for current and future geoscience faculty, supported by the National Association of Geoscience Teachers with funding provided by a grant from the National Science Foundation Division of Undergraduate Education . We are part of the Digital Library for Earth System Education (DLESE).