Discussion at the Using Data Workshop focused on the importance of data access infrastructure and services that enable students and educators to meet their learning goals. In particular, new products would be most useful if they support students in:
- Finding and accessing data relevant to the topic they are investigating.
- Evaluating the quality of this data.
- Using appropriate tools and interfaces to manipulate and render data to answer questions.
- Combining multiple and diverse data sets to solve a central problem.
- Generating visualizations and representations that communicate interpretations and conclusions.
- Contributing student data to larger data sets.
- Viewing individual student data in the context of larger data sets.