Report from the Summit on the Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Educationpublished Oct 31, 2014 12:34pm
The summary report on the January, 2014 Summit on the Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Education is now available.
The Summit was designed to create a "collective community vision for undergraduate geoscience education." More than 200 educators from a wide range of institutions, as well as industry and professional society representatives attended and participated.
The major goals of the summit were to:
- identify the skills, content knowledge and competencies that today's students need in order to succeed beyond graduation
- determine the most effective uses for technology in the classroom
- identify best practices in teaching
- find ways of broadening access and participation for underrepresented groups
- find ways to include K-12 science teachers in these efforts
Find more details about the Summit and view selected recordings on the Summit information page on the Jackson School website.