For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Future of Food Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
Knowledge Check: Food System Typologies
For the following list of terms or concepts, give which of the three types of food systems it pertains to (global corporate, smallholder, local/alternative).
- Shareholders invest in food companies. ___________________________________
- Fair trade organizations link smallholders in Kenya to consumers in the U.K. ____________________________________
- A dairy farmer sell small lots of milk using weekly deliveries to a mid-size city in New Hampshire. ________________________________
- Most supermarket items ____________________________________________
- Very important in densely populated rural areas of the developing world e.g. Ethiopia, Peru. _________________________________
- Buying butternut squash at the local farmers market. _________________________________
- Large wheat fields near Ciudad Obregón, Mexico for export to processors in Mexico, United States, and Colombia. _______________________