For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Future of Food Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Outline the basic science behind human-induced climate change and the contribution from agriculture.
- Compare various potential impacts of climate change on our global and local food systems.
- Select strategies that enhance the resilience of food systems in the face of a changing climate.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Identify climate variables that affect agriculture.
- Explain possible climate change impacts on crops.
- Summarize the mechanisms of human-induced climate change.
- Explain the role of food systems in contributing to climate change.
- Discuss how climate change impacts food production and yield.
- Evaluate how farmers adapt to climate change.
- Differentiate impacts of climate change on climate variables in different regions.