Opportunities for Two-Year College Geoscience Faculty at GSA 2010
Events, technical sessions and a funding opportunity at the Geologic Society Of America Annual Meeting in DenverJump to: Events | Technical Sessions | Funding opportunity
- Saturday, October 30, 2010, 4:00-5:00 GSA Welcome Reception for Two-year Geoscience Faculty: Colorado Convention Center, Lobby B (GSA Education Committee)
- Saturday, October 30, 2010, 5:00-7:00 GSA Geoscience Educators Social Reception Colorado Convention Center, Lobby B
- Sunday, October 31 2010 5:30-7:00 Funding Opportunities for Two-year College Faculty: Possibilities, Challenges and Successes Colorado Convention Center Room 608 (Co-convened by Eric Baer and Heather Macdonald - Event sponsored by NAGT)
Please join us for a workshop/discussion with NSF Program Officers, successful award recipients, and community college faculty as we share examples of the range of possibilities in NSF-funded projects involving two-year college faculty, discuss strategies and challenges in writing and execution of federally-funded projects, hear suggestions for writing successful proposals, and consider issues raised by two-year college faculty who are interested in garnering external funds for their work. Light refreshments will be served. Please complete the online registration form by October 21.
Technical Sessions (Selected)
T44 -Geoscience Programs at Community Colleges: Models for Success and Innovation Conveners: Heather Macdonald and Eric Baer
T50 - Undergraduate Student Research with Solitary Geoscience Faculty Conveners: Janis D. Treworgy, Laura A. Guertin and Suzanne M. Smaglik
- Posters: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:00am-6:00pm Colorado Convention Center: Hall B. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session I Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:30-5:30 Colorado Convention Center: Room 201. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session II Monday, November 1, 2010 8:00-12:00 Colorado Convention Center: Room 201. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session I Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:30-5:30 Colorado Convention Center: Room 203. List of titles and presenters
Funding Opportunity: Stipends Available
We are pleased to announce that funds are available to support two-year college faculty attendance and participation in the 2010 GSA annual meeting including travel and registration. Funding is provided by a grant to Highline Community College from the National Science Foundation to provide this financial support (Grant GEO-1065389). For more details, see the stipend application. Application deadline is October 21, 2010.