Opportunities for Two-Year College Geoscience Faculty at GSA 2010
Events, technical sessions and a funding opportunity at the Geologic Society Of America Annual Meeting in DenverJump to: Events | Technical Sessions | Funding opportunity
- Saturday, October 30, 2010, 4:00-5:00 GSA Welcome Reception for Two-year Geoscience Faculty: Colorado Convention Center, Lobby B (GSA Education Committee)
- Saturday, October 30, 2010, 5:00-7:00 GSA Geoscience Educators Social Reception Colorado Convention Center, Lobby B
- Sunday, October 31 2010 5:30-7:00 Funding Opportunities for Two-year College Faculty: Possibilities, Challenges and Successes Colorado Convention Center Room 608 (Co-convened by Eric Baer and Heather Macdonald - Event sponsored by NAGT)
Please join us for a workshop/discussion with NSF Program Officers, successful award recipients, and community college faculty as we share examples of the range of possibilities in NSF-funded projects involving two-year college faculty, discuss strategies and challenges in writing and execution of federally-funded projects, hear suggestions for writing successful proposals, and consider issues raised by two-year college faculty who are interested in garnering external funds for their work. Light refreshments will be served. Please complete the online registration form by October 21.
T44 -Geoscience Programs at Community Colleges: Models for Success and Innovation Conveners: Heather Macdonald and Eric Baer
T50 - Undergraduate Student Research with Solitary Geoscience Faculty Conveners: Janis D. Treworgy, Laura A. Guertin and Suzanne M. Smaglik
- Posters: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:00am-6:00pm Colorado Convention Center: Hall B. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session I Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:30-5:30 Colorado Convention Center: Room 201. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session II Monday, November 1, 2010 8:00-12:00 Colorado Convention Center: Room 201. List of titles and presenters
- Oral Session I Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:30-5:30 Colorado Convention Center: Room 203. List of titles and presenters
We are pleased to announce that funds are available to support two-year college faculty attendance and participation in the 2010 GSA annual meeting including travel and registration. Funding is provided by a grant to Highline Community College from the National Science Foundation to provide this financial support (Grant GEO-1065389). For more details, see the stipend application. Application deadline is October 21, 2010.