Jump down to: Before the Rendezvous | Arriving at the Rendezvous | During the Rendezvous | After the Rendezvous
Before the Rendezvous
As you prepare for the Rendezvous, take a moment to look over the following information:
- Travel and Accommodations
- View or Search the program
- Confirmed Participant List
- Presenter Guidelines
- Participant Expectations and Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 Policies and Information
Arriving at the Rendezvous
- See the travel and accommodations page for information on getting to and from the airport and Rendezvous venues and parking information.
- Registration check-in/name badge pickup (you must check-in before attending any events, please leave time to check-in and walk to your first event). Check in times and locations will be posted later this Spring.
During the Rendezvous
On Campus Locations
The conference will take place in Pasadena, CA, and is hosted by the Division of Natural Sciences at Pasadena City College (PCC) and the Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences at California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
Some buildings on the Caltech and PCC Campuses may be locked during portions of the Rendezvous program.
- Rendezvous staff: Rendezvous staff will be available to let participants into these buildings when necessary.
- Help a fellow educator: Hold the door for your fellow Rendezvous attendees if you encounter a locked door!
- Help line: If you are unable to get into a building and none of the above options are available to you, call 507-222-5339. You will be connected with a Rendezvous staff member who will be able to assist you.
Participant Expectations and Code of Conduct at the Rendezvous
Our shared expectations are:
- we will participate fully in the entire morning workshop for which we registered
- we will participate fully in any mini-workshop we attend
- we will move between contributed sessions at the completion of presentations
- we will be courteous and respectful of others
- we will aim to allow all to have an opportunity to participate in discussions
Code of Conduct
NAGT meetings and events foster the exchange of ideas, through open and respectful dialogues at oral and poster sessions, workshops, field trips, short courses, mentorships and other NAGT-supported programs. NAGT promotes, provides, expects and endorses a professional and respectful atmosphere and values a diversity of views and opinions. The NAGT Activities Code of Conduct is important to promoting diversity and creating an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment for all people.
All participants in NAGT activities – including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAGT staff, members of the media, vendors, and service providers – are expected to abide by this NAGT Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies in all venues, including field trips, webinars, ancillary events and social gatherings, and on-line forums and discussions associated with the NAGT.
Connecting to WiFi
WiFi is available in all campus locations.
- PCC wireless information
- Caltech wireless information
- The eduroam network is available for visitors from other campuses that employ eduroam, who can use their own credentials from their institution to log in. Use your full University email address and password to log on. Other guests who do not have an eduroam account must use the Caltech-Guest Wifi access instead of eduroam.
Accessibility and Accommodations
The Earth Educators' Rendezvous is committed to providing universal access to our programming and supporting accommodation requests to the best of our ability, including both disability accommodations as well as other circumstances. Some of the resources available are listed below; if you need additional support, please see staff at the registration table to request assistance with accommodations that are available that can support your needs.
- The Caltech interactive map provides locations of accessible and gender neutral restrooms as well as lactation rooms (see checkboxes on the left). For PCC, a list of gender neutral restrooms is available from the Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Justice (see approximately halfway down the page) along with a description for where to find a lactaction room (see near the bottom of this pregnant and parenting resources page).
- The Rendezvous Information for Traveling Families page has information about childcare.
Dining in Pasadena
The PCC and Caltech campuses and and surrounding areas are filled with a wide range of cuisine at affordable prices. A web page with dining options will be available later this Spring.
Many groups will capitalize on being together at the Rendezvous to move their own research forward. If you are interested in organizing a working group at the Rendezvous, please complete the application by March 1, 2023.
Continue networking with colleagues and friends at the variety of evening events and gathering spots. Evening events will be posted in the Spring.
Connect Via Social Media
New to the Rendezvous and looking for lunch/dinner companions? Trying to share rides to and from the airport? Do you want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? Start a new thread or contribute to an existing discussion on the Rendezvous message board.
Share your Rendezvous experience on Twitter using #EarthER23. If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @nagtgeo and include #EarthER23. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
The Rendezvous will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the NAGT Facebook page. Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
After the Rendezvous
Staying in the area after the Rendezvous? Los Angeles and its surrounding area provide opportunities for fun and relaxation. Check out these sites for event calendars, restaurant recommendations, maps, tours, etc.
Activities in the Area:
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Map of the Activities Listed Above
30 Best & Fun Things To Do In Pasadena
A Local's Guide to Eating in LA
Best Restaurants in Los Angeles
Gluten-Free Options in the Area
Art Muse: Private Art Tours at Museums in the Area
Studio Tour - Universal Studios Hollywood