Before the Rendezvous
As you prepare for the Rendezvous, take a moment to look over the following information:
- Travel and Accommodations
- View or Search the program
- Confirmed Participant List
- Presenter Guidelines
- Participant Expectations and Code of Conduct
- Order a Rendezvous T-shirt and other merch from the NAGT Store!
- Use the Message Board to coordinate with other participants on transportation to/from the airport, lodging, networking, and more!
- COVID-19 Policies and Information
Arriving at the Rendezvous
See the travel and accommodations page for information on getting to and from the airport and Rendezvous venues and parking information.
Registration and Badge Pickup
- On Sunday only, on-site registration will be available at the outdoor opening reception at Tournament Park from 6:00pm - 7:30pm, where food and nonalcoholic beverages will be provided.
- Monday through Friday, registration will be available under the tent in the PCC Quad from 7:30am - 6:00pm on Monday and 8:00am - 4:00pm Tuesday through Friday.
- You must check in at the registration table before attending any events, so please allow enough time before your workshop or event begins (with the exception of the Sunday field trip).
Caltech Campus Housing
If you are registered to stay in Caltech campus housing will need to check in at the Rendezvous registration table prior to your arrival at Bechtel. See above for registration table times and locations. If your arrival is outside of those times, please coordinate your check-in with Amy Collette. Upon check-in, you will receive an access card and a personal PIN that you will use to access your suite and room.
During the Rendezvous
On Campus Locations
The conference will take place in Pasadena, CA, and is hosted by the Division of Natural Sciences at Pasadena City College (PCC) and the Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences at California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
See the map to the right for locations of Earth Educators' Rendezvous events or download an annotated PCC campus map (Acrobat (PDF) 1.5MB Jun29 23) or Caltech campus map (Acrobat (PDF) 2.4MB Jun29 23).
Some buildings on the Caltech and PCC Campuses may be locked during portions of the Rendezvous program.
- Rendezvous staff: Rendezvous staff will be available to let participants into these buildings when necessary.
- Help a fellow educator: Hold the door for your fellow Rendezvous attendees if you encounter a locked door!
Participant Expectations and Code of Conduct at the Rendezvous
Our shared expectations are:
- we will participate fully in the entire morning workshop for which we registered
- we will participate fully in any mini-workshop we attend
- we will move between contributed sessions at the completion of presentations
- we will be courteous and respectful of others
- we will aim to allow all to have an opportunity to participate in discussions
Code of Conduct
NAGT meetings and events foster the exchange of ideas, through open and respectful dialogues at oral and poster sessions, workshops, field trips, short courses, mentorships and other NAGT-supported programs. NAGT promotes, provides, expects and endorses a professional and respectful atmosphere and values a diversity of views and opinions. The NAGT Activities Code of Conduct is important to promoting diversity and creating an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment for all people.
All participants in NAGT activities – including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NAGT staff, members of the media, vendors, and service providers – are expected to abide by this NAGT Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct applies in all venues, including field trips, webinars, ancillary events and social gatherings, and on-line forums and discussions associated with the NAGT.
Connecting to WiFi
WiFi is available in all campus locations.
- PCC wireless information
- All participants can connect to WiFi using the PCC_Campus network. See the PCC wireless information page for details about conencting.
- Caltech wireless information
- The eduroam network is available for visitors from other campuses that employ eduroam, who can use their own credentials from their institution to log in. Use your full University email address and password to log on. Other guests who do not have an eduroam account must use the Caltech-Guest Wifi access instead of eduroam.
Accessibility and Accommodations
The Earth Educators' Rendezvous is committed to providing universal access to our programming and supporting accommodation requests to the best of our ability, including both disability accommodations as well as other circumstances. Some of the resources available are listed below; if you need additional support, please see staff at the registration table to request assistance with accommodations that are available that can support your needs.
The Rendezvous Information for Traveling Families page has information about childcare.
A list of gender neutral restrooms is available from the Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Justice (see approximately halfway down the page) along with a description for where to find a lactaction room (see near the bottom of this pregnant and parenting resources page).
The Family Resource Center's lactation spaces are in the CC building (same building as Creveling and Circadian) and in C building room 348 (closest to Science Village (SV) and E buildings). The Family Resource Center is open Monday-Thursday, 9-4pm. Participants can walk in to request lactation space access during that time. The Family Resource Center will be closed on Friday, but Martha House will have key access. Contact Martha if you need access on Friday.
The Caltech interactive map provides locations of accessible and gender neutral restrooms as well as lactation rooms (see checkboxes on the left).
Many groups will capitalize on being together at the Rendezvous to move their own research forward. If you are interested in organizing a working group at the Rendezvous, please complete the application by March 1, 2023.
Continue networking with colleagues and friends at a variety of evening events and gathering spots.
Connect via Social Media
New to the Rendezvous and looking for lunch/dinner companions? Trying to share rides to and from the airport? Do you want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? Start a new thread or contribute to an existing discussion on the Rendezvous message board.
Share your Rendezvous experience on Twitter using #EarthER23. If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @nagtgeo and include #EarthER23. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
The Rendezvous will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the NAGT Facebook page. Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
After the Rendezvous
Looking for thing to do or places to eat after the Rendezvous program ends each day or when the conference is over? Check out our resources for visiting and dining in the Pasadena area.
Dining in Pasadena
The PCC and Caltech campuses and and surrounding areas are filled with a wide range of cuisine at affordable prices. Learn more about dining options in Pasadena.
Things to do in Pasadena and LA
Staying in the area after the Rendezvous? Los Angeles and its surrounding area provide opportunities for fun and relaxation. Check out these places to visit, events, maps, tours, and more!