Free online course for anyone teaching in tertiary educationpublished Sep 17, 2020 8:15am
Oct 1, 2020 - Nov 5, 2020
Cornell University's Center for Teaching Innovation is offering our massive open online course (MOOC) for educators, Teaching & Learning in the Diverse Classroom. The course guides instructors in exploring frameworks and strategies for building and sustaining inclusive learning environments.
The course will run from October 1 – November 5, 2020 on edX.org.
U.S.-based and higher-education-centered, the five-week course is for anyone with teaching responsibilities, at any level of diversity expertise.
Registration for the course is open now.
The course features:
* compelling voices and stories from students and faculty
* opportunities to reflect on social identity, both your own and students'
* an introduction to key research on inclusion and student-centered learning
* an emphasis on assessing your own course design through the lens of inclusion
* a learning community guide to help form a cohort at your institution.
Meet our instructors and learn about the course in an introductory video.
Please get in touch with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here: https://www.edx.org/course/teaching-learning-in-the-diverse-classroom