Science Education Program Managerpublished Aug 19, 2022 5:31am
Company: The Minnesota Academy of Science (MAS) is a statewide non-profit organization based in St. Paul, MN. Employees can expect varied and meaningful work that serves the community, flexible work hours and location, and the opportunity to develop skills in their areas of interest.
Application Deadline: August 21, 2022
Compensation: $28 - $30 / hour, commensurate with experience
Position Type: Part- or full-time (30 - 40 hours per week), as desired
Purpose: MAS seeks a talented, passionate leader to direct implementation of our innovative and rapidly expanding Fostering Opportunities and Relationships in STEM Education (FORSE) program. This year-round educational outreach program helps close opportunity gaps and increase diversity in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields by offering free K-12 STEM enrichment to target populations. FORSE seeks to increase STEM opportunities for populations currently underrepresented in science and engineering, especially women, African Americans, Hispanics, and American Indians. The ideal candidate has experience working in schools or other educational settings, managing multiple projects, and is passionate about helping young people from diverse backgrounds envision a future for themselves in STEM.
- Maintain annual partnerships with schools and other educational sites according to program goals, to include: renewing annual partnership agreements; scheduling enrichment activities; maintaining strong working relationships with partner sites; and overseeing annual impact reports.
- Maintain ongoing working relationships with community partners including other nonprofits, educational services, and museums as needed to meet the programming needs of those served.
Curate a portfolio and annual calendar of STEM enrichment offerings available to educational partners and schedule activities according to partner needs.
- Oversee staffing, volunteers, supplies and materials, curriculum, and transportation needs for all scheduled program activities and events and attend events as needed.
- Work with other staff, board members, and consultants to develop program infrastructure and plan necessary improvements to accommodate future growth. Take on increasing responsibility for setting program priorities and direction.
- Assist the Executive Director with grant applications, reports to program sponsors and the Board of Directors, and program budgets.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least two years of relevant experience or education required; Master's degree and/or teaching certification preferred.
- Personal, professional, and/or lived experience with the communities we seek to impact through the FORSE program required.
- Experience in any of the following is considered a plus: teaching, curriculum development, nonprofit program management, youth program development, STEM or STEM education, community outreach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written, and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, prioritize tasks, and work independently in office, remote, and on-site work environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and their Google workspace equivalents
- Paid time off (sick leave, vacation, holidays)
- Medical benefits
- Flexible hours and opportunity to work remotely with some in-office hours required
Upload cover letter and resume at https://www.mnmas.org/employment-opportunities end of day August 21, 2022.
The Minnesota Academy of Science is a statewide 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing opportunities for Minnesotans of all backgrounds to engage in STEM-related learning, inquiry, research, and networking. We serve K-12 and undergraduate students, educators, and schools as well as STEM graduates and professionals seeking to network and volunteer.