Knowledge Survey Questions - Planetary Geology
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 1
- How old is our solar system?
- What is the approximate age of the Universe?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 2
- How old is the Milky way Galaxy and how do we know?
- How does the temperature and density of Venus' atmosphere affect its topography and crater distribution?
- Compare primary, secondary, and tertiary planetary crusts.
- Explain the currently favored model for the origin of the moon?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 3
- Design an experiment to study the relationships between impactor size, velocity, density and crater diameter. Make sure that your experimental design will provide estimates of errors.
- Provided an image of the surface of Mars, interpret the geologic evolution of that region.
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 4
- Classify the elements in the periodic table according to their mode of origin.
- Compare the composition of the sun, solar system, and universe.
- Contrast the composition of the terrestrial planets with the giant planets.
- Describe the relationship between the size of a planet and its geological evolution.
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 5
- Summarize the evidence for liquid water on the ancient surface of Mars. What implications does this have for past climate and atmosphere?
Bloom's Taxonomy Level - 6
- Evaluate the evidence and arguments for and against plate tectonics on Venus.
- Evaluate the statement "there must be life elsewhere in the Universe."