Teaching Paleontology in the Field
Jump Down To: Field Guides and Databases
Field-Paleontology Teaching Activities
Browse all paleontology activities.
From the main search screen you can browse through the collection using the terms on the right of the screen.
This search tool not working as you like/expected?
Let us know.
Paleontology in the Field
Field investigations of abandoned Negro cemeteries using GPR (PowerPoint 11.8MB Mar9 08)
Alison Henning, Rice University
Urban Students, Urban Issues 2008
Wooly Mammoth Excavation and Lab Work
Janis Treworgy, Principia College
Using Field Observations and Experiences to Teach Geoscience 2004
Teaching About Time Using Timeline Activities in a Multi-Disciplinary Course on North American Environments for Non-Science Majors
Marguerite S.E. Forest, Florida Gulf Coast University
Teaching About Time
The NAGT Field Trip Collection
contains more than 50 field trips and examples. The examples in this
collection share information about the design of the trips and their
important characteristics in addition to providing easy access to field
guides. In addition, you can find information for teaching in the field
in these other collections:
- Field Trip Safety: This
page in the Cutting Edge Teaching in the Field module presents guidance
and example policies and forms for addressing safety concerns when
taking geoscience students into the field to learn.
- The Montana-Yellowstone Geologic Field Guide Database - The Montana-Yellowstone Geologic Field Guide Database is a pilot project for making the field guide literature more accessible and useful to geoscience educators, students, and researchers. While the database is not an exhaustive listing of every published field guide, nor does it provide direct links to the full text of each reference (except for a few unpublished field guides which are reproduced as pdf files), the database is a fully-searchable listing of 50 of the best references for exploring the geology of this fascinating region.
- NAGT's Far West Section Publications
- Field Guides - Illustrated field guides for sites near Bozeman and Big Sky, MT.
- Geologic Guidebooks of North America Database: This database from AGI and the Geoscience Information Society contains bibliographic references and location for published field guides.
- The University of Texas at Austin has compiled a substantial e-library of field trip guides (more info) on their Walter Geology Library website.