This page contains instructions for what to complete before and during the workshop. This page will change as the workshop unfolds, so be sure to check back.
By February 1, 2010:
- Register for the workshop. Note that all accepted applicants need to register, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
- Pay the $50 workshop fee. This is payable by credit card via PayPal, or by check mailed to Carleton College.
By February 17, 2009:
- Create a SERC account, if you do not have one already. If you already have an account, login to verify your password.
- Post an introductory message to the Discussion Board. You will need to log in to your SERC account to post your message.
- Complete a test run of the screen-sharing technology. See the instructions for using Elluminate and conference call.
- If you are giving a presentation at the workshop, we will be having a practice session on Monday, February 15 from 2:00-3:00 Central Time. Be sure to upload the file for your presentation in advance if you plan to take part. If you can't make this time window, please contact John McDaris to schedule a time to walk through the process.
During the workshop
- Participate in as many sessions as possible. The full schedule is outlined on the workshop program. Sessions are recorded so you may watch them after they have taken place.
- Participate in the discussion threads.
- Complete a review of someone else's activity and communicate with them to provide specific feedback.
- Complete or revise your service learning activity based on feedback received during the workshop.
In the year following the workshop
Implement the activity you designed, or another activity available through the Cutting Edge website and complete a review of that activity using the observational protocol provided.