InTeGrate 2018 Spring Webinar Series Continuespublished May 17, 2018 1:00am
Free and open to the public, the InTeGrate 2018 Spring Webinar Series will incorporate InTeGrate pedagogies into teaching practices, provide resources available for adoption, and create a forum for participants to learn and share teaching strategies. The series continues Monday, May 21 with the webinar with the webinar Teaching Ocean Sustainability Using Active Learning Techniques. The registration deadline for this webinar is Friday, May 18.
The InTeGrate Ocean Sustainability Module introduces the importance of oceans, basic ocean processes, and the impacts of oceans on human health. During this webinar we will present a quick overview of the six units covered in the InTeGrate Ocean Sustainability module and two units in depth:
- Unit 1: Ocean Circulation and Health, which explores modern ocean circulation and how these patterns are expected to be altered by climate change.
- Unit 4: Oceans in Peril: Pressures on Ocean Ecosystems, which explores how modern climate change impacts grey whale behavior.
The units presented in depth will provide participants examples of how to challenge students to think about the interconnectedness of Earth's systems and how humans can alter marine systems and their inhabitants.
At the end of this webinar, participants will have learned:
- where to access the materials required for the InTeGrate Ocean Sustainability module,
- what topics are covered in the module, and
- how to implement Unit 1 (Ocean Circulation and Health) and Unit 4 (Oceans in Peril) in their classrooms.
Time - 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET
Duration - 1 hour
Format - Online web presentation via Zoom meeting software with questions and discussion. Go to the webinar technology page for information on using Zoom. Detailed instructions for joining the webinar will be emailed to registered participants one day prior to the webinar.
Preparation - There is no advance preparation required for this webinar.
Registration Deadline Friday, May 18
Please email Mitchell Awalt (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this event.