Susan Meabh Kelly
Connecticut State Department of Education
TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
Leveraging publicly available scientific databases and open source software to support classroom integration of authentic science research; development and implementation of research-informed opportunities to support a more inclusive and diverse STEM workforce; strategic and innovative “STEM pipeline” partnerships to facilitate swift realization of national K-Graduate STEM initiatives.
- Highly Qualified Teacher (NYS and CT): Earth Science, 7-12; Physics, 7-12
- OEST Award - New England Section https://nagt.org/nagt/awards/oest/2019_oest.html
- Graduate Student, PhD in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Connecticut, Storrs
- Director, science + education collaboratory https://www.sciencepluseducation.com
- Vice President, National Association of Geoscience Teachers - New England Section
- Vice President, American Association of Physics Teachers – New England Section
Website Content Contributions
Conference Presentations (3)
Beyond the 3 Dimensions: Integrating Identity and Interest in NGSS Geoscience Investigations part of Earth Educators Rendezvous:Previous Rendezvous:Rendezvous 2019:Program:Oral Sessions:Monday B
A Framework for K-12 Science Education (National Research Council, 2012) outlines research-informed ways to support more equitable engagement in science learning. This research suggests students should have ...
Science + Education Collaboratory: A Mechanism to Broaden Impact part of Earth Educators Rendezvous:Previous Rendezvous:Rendezvous 2018:Program:Poster Sessions:Friday
Assistant Director William Wulf, (NSF 1988-1990), advocated for leveraging expertise beyond institutional and disciplinary boundaries. This concept came to be known as a collaboratory. Established in response to a ...
Recent NSF Geosciences Directorate Award Trends in Addressing Broader Impact Criteria part of Earth Educators Rendezvous:Previous Rendezvous:Rendezvous 2018:Program:Oral Sessions:Thursday A
"Intellectual Merit" and "Broader Impacts" criteria are of equal significance in the consideration of proposals submitted to the National Science Foundation. The National Alliance for Broader ...
New England Section, Geoscience Education Research Division, Teacher Education Division