2006 Minority Faculty Development Workshop
The theme of the 2006 workshop was 21st Century Engineering Faculty and it was tailored specifically for tenure-track faculty in all engineering disciplines. Workshop goals included the following:
- Provide underrepresented minority faculty with developmental tools for retention and advancement in academe
- Increase the numbers of faculty of color in science and engineering
- Offer an opportunity to meet with NSF grant officers
- Network with colleagues from other institutions
Through a series of informational, workshop and interactive sessions, participants were provided with tools/skills that would enhance their progress towards tenure.
A select group of scholars was chosen from a national pool of applicants.
- Organizing Committee
- Presentations are available only to members, at http://minorityfaculty.bme.gatech.edu/resources/workshop_materials/