Climate Patterns and Life
In this Lab, you will learn more about the variety terrestrial biomes on Earth and the climate that defines them. First, you will research and become a "biome expert." Once you know more about biomes, you will use Google Earth to connect biomes and climate patterns.
After completing this Lab, you should be able to:
- compare climate patterns from a variety of regions of the globe and explain how climate is defined by precipitation and temperature; and
- give examples of the relationship between climate and the living environment (the biome).
Keeping Track of What You LearnIn these pages, you'll find three kinds of questions.
- Checking In questions are intended to keep you focused on key concepts. They allow you to check if the material is making sense. These questions are often accompanied by hints or answers to let you know if you are on the right track.
- Stop and Think questions are intended to help your teacher assess your understanding of the key concepts and skills. These questions require you to pull some concepts together or apply your knowledge in a new situation.
- Discuss questions are intended to get you talking with your neighbor. These questions require you to pull some concepts together or apply your knowledge in a new situation. There is no right answer to these questions; just something to ponder.