For any lines you plot and graph, consider what the graphic representation actually means about the seafloor.
- What do the high and low points along your graph mean?
- Does your profile represent the actual shape of the seafloor? Discuss how the profile is similar to and different from the seafloor it represents.
- From a single profile, what can you infer about the three-dimensional shape of any ocean basin?
- Compare profiles you create with the Atlantic and Pacific profiles that appear within this chapter.
To create a 3-D GeoMapApp image:
- Open GeoMapApp and zoom in on an area of interest.
- Click the Grid button and choose Load Grid.
- Click the focus button, then choose the 3D View option.
- Manipulate the view as desired, then choose render.