Resource Type: Course Information
Grade Level: College Lower (13-14)
Earth System Topics: Oceans
Theme: Teach the Earth:Teaching Environments:Intro Geoscience, Teach the Earth:Course Topics:Oceanography
- Gain a basic understanding of ocean science by learning the basic concepts in oceanography
- Understand, interpret, and describe to others physical processes that cause ocean circulation, waves, tides, distribution of marine life and physical and chemical processes affecting the world's oceans.
- Recognize, understand, and interpret the terminology, symbols, and tools used by oceanographers.
- Develop a foundation for responding to national and international actions related to ocean resources
- Interpret and analyze charts, graphs, maps, tables
- Use internet resources
- Create and interpret graphs, use generalizations based on pattern recognition
How course activities and course structure help students achieve these goals: