September 30-October 3, 2022 (Friday-Monday)
For participants from outside the Anchorage area who requested housing, the hotel is:
SpringHill Suites by Marriott -- Anchorage Midtown
3401 A St, Anchorage, AK 99503
Participants who are staying at the hotel and have cars or car rentals are asked to help coordinate with other participants who have flown in and do not have vehicles.
University of Alaska Anchorage
Gorsuch Commons - Rm 106
3700 Sharon Gagnon Lane
Anchorage AK 99508
Parking is available in Spruce and Elmore lots. Parking is free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We will give participants more guidance on how Monday parking will be managed after the workshop starts.
Three of the days will be indoors but the all-day field trip on Saturday will include walking on uneven, possibly muddy terrain. Those who are able will also be doing a brisk tsunami evacuation walk in Whittier. Good outdoor shoes and layerable clothes will be best.
- Proof of "up to date" vaccination for COVID19 (see CDC guidance), medical exemption, or <72-hour COVID test results (paper or digital both fine). See also the workshop COVID Policy.
- Every day
- Coffee mug (help us save on disposable cups!)
- Water bottle
- Notebook and pens/pencils
- Face mask - although these are not currently required, please have one with you in case of need
- Laptop (highly recommended)
- Favorite snacks to supplement those provided
- Field trip day
- Rubber or hiking boots for rough, muddy terrain
- Change of shoes to lighter (not muddy) walking shoes
- Rain gear (at least a jacket)
- Walking sticks
- Layerable clothes for hot or cold
- Hat for sun protection
- Day pack or large fanny pack
- Hip/chest waders
- Work gloves