Focus on Courses
- For participants to have a chance to learn about the full range of course designs in geology courses that prepare future teachers.
- To synthesize what we learn into webpage(s) on each kind of course so that can share with others.
Suggested final product:
- What characterizes this type of course?
- When/why would you use this type of design?
- How would you go about designing such a course?
Suggested structure for presentation to whole group (15 minutes):
- Describe the courses from your group as a unit.
- What are the shared elements?
- What characterizes the content? The pedagogy?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this approach?
- What really makes a course like this work?
- What are the important things you have to decide in designing this kind of course?
RULE FOR GROUPS:
- Must discuss all of the courses
- Everyone must have time to ask questions