These are websites full of resources for addressing creationism.
- The Talk.Origins Archive (more info) is the pro-evolution archive for talk.origins, a Usenet forum where people to discuss evolution (the Modern Synthesis), geologic time, and creationism. What this site offers (aside from a link to the forum) are FAQ's dealing with common misconceptions about evolution and geologic time. Two remarkably useful ones are:
- Fossil Hominids: The Evidence for Human Evolution (more info)
- 29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: The Scientific Case for Common Descent (more info) : also the source of the cave fish image above.
- The Fossil Record: Evolution or "Scientific Creation" (more info) : This is basically an online textbook to educate economic geologists about the basics of evolution and creation science and how to debunk the latter. It deals with Linnaean taxonomy, the nature of science, and controversies like missing links and the age of the Earth.
- A list of Web Resources on the Mechanisms of Evolution
- A collection of some of the best essays on the web in Articles in Opposition to Creationism (more info) , both scientific and theological by Lorence Collins, a missionary and geology professor.
- Summary of the scientific evidence for evolution with a substantial bibliography is provided by National Academy of Science, 1998 (web edition is free and print editions can be purchased online). It contains little discussion of mechanisms, but contains a number of K-12 activities.
- Evolution Resources from the National Academies (more info) is the National Academy's linked list of statements from scientific organizations about dealing with creationism.
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences maintains an annotated list of Policy Issues Related to Teaching Evolution
- The National Center for Science Education (more info) maintains a web site containing a number of essays about the struggle to keep creationism (particularly Intelligent Design) out of public school science classes. The essays about legal issues are particularly useful.
- Creation Science and Earth History ( This site may be offline. ) : This is an extensive collection of scientific journal articles dealing with many subjects within Earth history (particularly soils), and essays refuting creation science.
- The Evolution Evidence Page (more info) : a collection of essays on topics such as the similarities between human chromosomes and those of other great apes and links to numerous others.
- Talk Design.org (more info) : is a response to Intelligent Design. It contains scientific arguments against it, and information on political struggles over whether to teach Intelligent Design in schools.
- The Panda's Thumb (more info) : An online forum for advocates of evolution and geologic time, dealing with scientific and educational issues.
- The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal examines all kinds of pseudoscience, including creation science and Intelligent Design and new age claims. Their web site contains a variety of essays, including many articles from back issues of "The Skeptical Inquirer" magazine.