NNN Column - Ratiocination
The links below will take you to the pages for the installments of the column on the NNN website. To return to this page, just use your web browser's "Back" button.
RatiocinationDr. Eric Gaze, Bowdoin College
A column devoted to ratios in all their guises: indices, coefficients, percentages, rates, scales, conversions, etc. Ratios are comparisons between the relative size of two quantities, a simple idea which – surprisingly – underlies much of the way we use numbers to communicate.
- Social Security and the "Celtic Tiger" - 8/14/08
- Planck's Constant: Motion and Rest - 10/1/08
- The Full Monty... in Proportion - 1/16/09
- Dividend Yielding PE Ratios - 6/30/09
- Fertile Myrtle and the Most Important Statistic...In the World! - 9/15/09