E-CURE supports course-based undergraduate research.
EvaluateUR-CURE, or E-CURE, provides an objective assessment of the value of course-based undergraduate research experiences (CUREs) by documenting student growth in critical academic and workforce-related knowledge and skills without placing a significant evaluation burden on students and research mentors.
- A detailed, reliable evaluation of your undergraduate research student outcomes
- An evaluation method that also enhances student learning and instructor mentorship
- Automatically calculated data and statistics that can be used in reports
Why use E-CURE?
Benefits to Students
- Helps students learn and practice the discipline of realistic self-assessment
- Introduced to a comprehensive list of competencies and skills
- Gain experience communicating in their discipline
- Gain confidence and greater self-awareness as they track their academic growth
- Strengthen their applications to graduate programs or their resumes
Benefits to Instructors
- More consistent and reliable assessments of their students' academic strengths and weaknesses
- Compliments and enhances the research mentoring process
- Helps focus mentoring efforts on specific areas where students may need extra guidance
- Works for new and experienced mentors
How does E-CURE work?
- Initial reflection where student has the opportunity to share their thoughts about research with their mentor
- Assessments given before, during, and at the end of the research
- Conversations between students and instructor/mentors after each assessment
- Reports that provide the students and mentors scores on the individual assessment components
- Automated messages and a dashboard provides easy tracking of completion of E-CURE
- All responses collected by the institution are readily available in .csv format for easy reporting, use and local data management.
- All students and mentors set up an account with username and password to ensure privacy. Instructors have the ability to view student progress as part of tracking the implementation of E-CURE.
- Data are stored in the EvaluateUR Methods system only during the implementation period (available for download within one year of initiating E-CURE use). Read more about our practices across all methods:
How do I get started with E-CURE?
Start by applying up to pilot E-CURE:
If you have questions about E-CURE or the implementation of your specific program, don't hesitate to ask.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1836033. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.