St. Norbert College Science Teacher Preparation:
Integrated Science Content and Methods for Elementary Majors
- St. Norbert College STEM Methods and Science Content for Elementary Majors course syllabus (Microsoft Word 42kB Apr6 16)
- St. Norbert College STEM Methods Introduction to Geology course syllabus (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 25kB Apr6 16)
Unit/Learning Segment Planning Guide
As a final project, students in the integrated geology and science methods course sequence developed lesson plans for K-8 students. Their lesson plans are based on a unit/learning segment planning guide.
Download the Unit/learning segment planning guide (Microsoft Word 25kB Apr6 16).
Tim and Scott used a science attitude survey and focus groups to assess the efficacy of their integrated science content and methods courses.
- Flood and Kirst's science attitude survey (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 65kB Apr11 16)
- Focus group questions (asked after the year-long course):
- After these experiences, what do you believe the nature of science is? What defines it as worthy of study?
- What do you see as cross-cutting concepts or themes that connect the sciences together?
- How have you grown as a scientist after these experiences?
- How have you grown as a science teacher after these experiences?