To have your records QA'ed
- Email the reviewer the record numbers and titles, and a time frame for when you'd like them back.
- When you get the comments back from the reviewer, make suggested changes if they make sense to you. Since you are the cataloger, ultimately it's your decision.
- Once all edits are done, change the status to submitted at the top of the page. Then hit save at the bottom of the page.
To do QALet the cataloger know if you can't get the records done in their time frame, and when you will be able to do them. To access the records for QA:
- Go to SERC Admin
- Click on resource cataloging tools
- Click on cataloged resources
- Enter the master ID number in the box next to edit this record
- Hit edit this record and the record will appear.
- Don't change the record itself! That's up to the cataloger.
- Hit view as plain text
- Copy the entire record, then paste into a Word document.
- Suggest changes in red text, and deletions in strikethrough font (format/font/strikethrough)
- Alternatively, use 'track changes' option in Word.
- Go to the next record by entering the master ID number in the box at the bottom of the page.
- Put all records in the same Word document.
- Attach it to an e-mail to the cataloger.
Things to check for QA
- Does the URL work?
- Are all fields filled in?
- Are there typos or grammatical errors?
- Does the description read well? Is it accurate?
- Are the creator and publisher fields filled out correctly?
- Do the vocabulary terms make sense?