Bringing Margins Research into the Classroom
To promote excellent interdisciplinary teaching in undergraduate geoscience courses, GeoPRISMS and On the Cutting Edge will produce resources that are informed by both cutting edge science and education research, have been rigorously tested, and organized into coherent segments. The resources will focus on using the data from the four initiatives of the MARGINS program:
- Rupturing Continental Lithosphere
- Seismogenic Zone Experiment
- Subduction Factory
- Source to Sink
- What are Mini-Lessons: Learn more about the aims and characteristics of the mini-lessons.
- Mini-Lesson Collection: Browse through the set of mini-lessons that have been contributed.
- Submit a Mini-Lesson: Share a mini-lesson of your own to the collection.
- Assessing Mini-Lessons: Provide feedback on mini-lessons in the collection.
Workshops and Webinars
- 2014 Workshop: Mini lesson authors are meeting to revise and ready their lessons for public view.
- 2013 Workshop: Mini lesson authors had the opportunity to review and refine mini-lessons so that they are ready for classroom testing. These materials are designed to bring the rich data sets resulting from the four MARGINS initiatives to the classroom in a way that is accessible and exciting to students.
- 2013 Webinar Series: These 1-hour webinars focus on the scientific developments of the four MARGINS initiatives and highlight data that might be used in the undergraduate classroom setting.
- Interested in incorporating MARGINS data in your classroom? Volunteer to test some of the new innovative, data rich mini-lessons and help us refine the lessons and your teaching.
- Already engaged in the project? Find materials related to your work in the area for authors and testers
Past Margins in the Classroom Project