Examples of Earth System Science Courses
- University of Michigan - Global Change - Physical Processes
- University of Michigan - Global Change - Human Impacts
- University of Michigan - Global Change - Sustainability Studies
- The Ohio State University - Integrated Earth Systems
- The Pennsylvania State University - Gaia: Introduction to the Earth System
- University of Alaska - Introduction to Geoinformatics
- Purdue University - The Dynamic Earth
- Johns Hopkins University - Global Change and Human Health
- University of Maryland - Causes and Implications of Global Change
- North Carolina State University - Introduction to Earth System Science
- University of Massachusetts - Global Environmental Change
- University of California Santa Barbara - Earth System Science
- University of Florida - Introduction to Global Change
- University of Oklahoma - Evolution of the Earth System
- University of North Carolina - Modeling for Environmental Risk Assessment
NASA/USRA - Earth System Science Education for the 21st Century - ESSE 21
NASA supports the development of courses and learning materials in Earth system science through the College and University Earth System Science Education for the 21st Century Program (ESSE 21).
ESSE 21 engages a collaborative community of interdisciplinary Earth system science educators and scientists to jointly develop and share learning resources, courses, curricula and degree programs focused on the fundamental understanding and application of Earth system principles for the undergraduate and graduate classroom and laboratory.
NASA Earth System Science Education Alliance - ESSEAESSEA has created a national professional development program aimed at improving the knowledge, skills, and resources of Earth Systems Science educators. This professional development program offers state-of-the-art, online courses to promote understanding of Earth Systems Science, to encourage communication and cooperation among teachers, and to facilitate the use of exceptional classroom materials.