Apply now for Fall 2022 Virtual Workshop:
Teaching Computation Online with MATLAB!
Applications are open until September 1st for Teaching Computation Online With MATLAB - California.
Applying now will enable you to save your spot and help the conveners develop strong workshop programs and working groups to match your interests!
Since 2015, hundreds of educators have attended the Teaching Computation with MATLAB workshops. At these 3-day, peer-led virtual workshops, educators work with their colleagues and MATLAB experts to develop and revamp their computationally-focused courses, whether live, remote or hybrid.
As part of the workshop, you'll
- Develop Curriculum: Upgrade your curriculum with a focus on online learning and tools
- Work with Mentors: Participate in coaching sessions with educator peers and MATLAB experts
- Publish: Develop a teaching activity, which is peer reviewed, then posted for sharing and citing
- Build Community: Collaborate with educators teaching computation and discipline-related skills
- Learn MATLAB teaching tools: Learn how to embed MATLAB tools such as MATLAB Live Scripts, MATLAB Online, MATLAB Grader and MATLAB Onramp in courses to improve student learning.
Know any educators who want to learn how to teach effectively with MATLAB? Spread the word to your colleagues!
Read more about the workshop below.
This workshop is specifically designed for educators in California. College and university educators can share common challenges, collaborate on course materials and even develop curriculum based on local issues and teaching trends. You're encouraged to invite and attend with colleagues, including TAs.
Date: November 6-8 2022 (Sunday AM - Tuesday mid-afternoon, Pacific time zone)
Audience: California educators teaching undergrad science, math, engineering and similar
Location: Virtual; Zoom session
Although the workshop will be virtual, applying now will enable you to save your spot and help the conveners develop a strong workshop program. The planning includes pairing educators with like peers and constructing working groups that match participant interests.
Workshop conveners will review applications and send acceptances in September 2022. Peer reviewers will provide feedback on teaching activities prior to the workshop.
Looking forward to meeting you at one of the workshops!
Lisa Kempler, MathWorks
Cailin Huyck-Orr, SERC
Maureen Kahn, SERC
Contact Maureen Kahn at email@example.com with questions about the workshop or application.
For more information see: