To help you prepare for the workshop, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here's a list of those preparatory activities and their deadlines. This list will be updated periodically so check back as the workshop approaches.
By June 19, 2009:
- Make your travel plans. For information on travel, lodging, ground transportation and meals see the logistics page. The workshop will begin at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 with a reception and dinner. Please make your plans so that you will be able to attend this opening session. The workshop will conclude after dinner on Thursday, July 16. Dinner on Thursday is optional but it is essential that you attend the full workshop including the full day on Thursday.
- Confirm your attendance for the workshop by filling out a registration form. Note that all accepted applicants need to do this, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
- Contribute both a course description and an activity to the website
- Review one or two text or online resources that may be used in teaching the process of science
Prior to the workshop:
- Download the Medical Emergency Information Form (Acrobat (PDF) 5kB Jan13 04), complete it, and bring it with you to the workshop in a sealed envelope. We will open the envelope and read the form only in the case of a medical emergency during the workshop.
After the workshop your presentation file will be posted on the workshop website. Because this file will be freely accessible, you'll want to make sure that you are not displaying proprietary data or images. It's good practice to include an image credit on your images and to use copyright-free imagery.
If you are giving a presentation at the workshop, please upload your presentation file. This will give you an on-site backup copy and will allow us to post your presentation on the website. You should still plan on bringing a copy of your file with you. You will have the option of giving your presentation from your own computer or you may use one of our laptops (both PCs and Macs will be available). You may also upload other files related to the workshop.