Activity Developers Workshop
May 16 & 17, 2007, Columbus, OH (immediately preceding the USCOTS 2007 conference).
During this workshop, invited participants developed activities for the CAUSEweb Pedagogic Service portal.
Participants in this workshop developed and refined activities for CAUSEweb Pedagogic Service portal. Each activity was embedded within a pedagogic module and provides the following details:
- Learning Goals,
- Context for Use,
- Teaching Notes and Tips,
- Teaching Materials,
- Assessment Notes, and
- References and Resources.
The resulting webpages provide sufficient information so that other statistics educators can easily utilize the activities in their classrooms.
- Cathryn Manduca, Director, Science education Resource Center, Carleton College
- Dennis Pearl, Director of CAUSE, The Ohio State University
- Roger Woodward, CAUSE Resource Collection Editor, North Carolina State University
- Joan Garfield, CAUSE Associate Director for Research, University of Minnesota
This workshop was co-sponsored by CAUSEweb and the Science Education Resource Center at Carleton College. Funding was provided by a grant from the National Science Foundation - Division of Undergraduate Education (DUE-0532768).