Example JiTT Exercises
Results 1 - 10 of 47 matches
JiTT - Geologic Dating part of Examples
1) How are zircons formed? 2) Which of the following statements describes relative geologic dating? a) the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus rex went extinct at the same time b) dinosaurs came later than horseshoe ...
JiTT - Dam Removal - A Good Idea or Not? part of Examples
1) What are some of the biological effects of dam removal (good and bad)? 2) What are some of the more pressing/compelling reasons to remove a dam? Explain. 3) The Stanley and Doyle (2003) article states that, ...
JiTT-Scientific Method part of Examples
A "Just in Time Teaching" question about he scientific method with follow-up class room activities and an exam question.
JiTT - Ethics of Fossil Collecting part of Examples
1) What do you think it means for a fossil resource to be "abused"? 2) What's the issue with fossil hunting on federal land (such as National Parks)? Explain what your interpretation of the conflict ...
Linear Systems and Matrices part of Examples
Graph Predictions for Position, Velocity and Acceleration part of Examples
Graphical Just-in-Time-Teaching questions for use before classes in which students explore position, velocity and acceleration graphs.
Angular Momentum Experiment part of Examples
After using the historical development of concepts of conserved motion to develop introductory understanding, students are directed to a series of activities to gain a better understanding of momentum, conservation of momenta, angular momentum, and conservation of angular momenta.
The Standard Model: Using CERN output graphics to identify elementary particles part of Examples
After using the historical development of the Standard Model to develop introductory understanding, students link to OPAL and DELPHI data archives from CERN to identify and study the tracks from elementary particles.
JiTT - Life on the Moon and Mars part of Examples
1) Based on "Microbial Colony in US..." article, what are Archaea? 2) From the same article, which of the following is NOT evidence to support life on Mars? a) Mars' subsurface groundwater system b) ...
JiTT - Are Primates Worth Saving? part of Examples
1) What are some of the reasons extinction rates are so high for modern primates? 2) Why are some primates worth more dead than alive? Is there a way we as a society can change this? Explain your thoughts. 3) If ...