Example JiTT Exercises
Results 1 - 10 of 47 matches
JiTT-Scientific Method part of Examples
A "Just in Time Teaching" question about he scientific method with follow-up class room activities and an exam question.
JiTT - Dam Removal - A Good Idea or Not? part of Examples
1) What are some of the biological effects of dam removal (good and bad)? 2) What are some of the more pressing/compelling reasons to remove a dam? Explain. 3) The Stanley and Doyle (2003) article states that, ...
JiTT - Ethics of Fossil Collecting part of Examples
1) What do you think it means for a fossil resource to be "abused"? 2) What's the issue with fossil hunting on federal land (such as National Parks)? Explain what your interpretation of the conflict ...
JiTT - Geologic Dating part of Examples
1) How are zircons formed? 2) Which of the following statements describes relative geologic dating? a) the Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus rex went extinct at the same time b) dinosaurs came later than horseshoe ...
Linear Systems and Matrices part of Examples
The Standard Model: Using CERN output graphics to identify elementary particles part of Examples
After using the historical development of the Standard Model to develop introductory understanding, students link to OPAL and DELPHI data archives from CERN to identify and study the tracks from elementary particles.
Angular Momentum Experiment part of Examples
After using the historical development of concepts of conserved motion to develop introductory understanding, students are directed to a series of activities to gain a better understanding of momentum, conservation of momenta, angular momentum, and conservation of angular momenta.
Graph Predictions for Position, Velocity and Acceleration part of Examples
Graphical Just-in-Time-Teaching questions for use before classes in which students explore position, velocity and acceleration graphs.
JiTT - La Brea Tar Pits part of Examples
1) What is "tar" and how does it form? 2) List the animals that have been uncovered in the tar pits that you didn't know were native to North America. Why do you think these animals are now extinct? ...
JiTT - Neanderthals and Modern Humans part of Examples
1) What are Neanderthals? How do they differ from modern humans? 2) Discuss some of the new ideas as to why early human ancestors dispersed from Africa. 3) What are DNA studies telling us about human migrations and ...