This page should lay out the tasks that participants will need to accomplish by specific dates leading up to the workshop. Below you will see an example from the Teaching Paleontology workshop in 2009.
By May 8, 2009:
- Register (link) for the workshop. Note that all accepted applicants need to register, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
By June 1, 2009:
- Pay the workshop registration fee using the online payment form (link), if you did not do so at the time you filled out the registration form.
- Contribute the following:
- At least two assignments or activities for a paleontology course or a course with a significant paleontology component at the undergraduate level. You must do this on line using our activity submission form (link). Please do not email assignments to workshop conveners.
- A syllabus for a paleontology course or a course with a significant paleontology component. You must do this online using our course submission form (link).
By June 10, 2009:
- Fill out the workshop travel form (link) to let us know what your travel plans will be. Note: please make your travel plans so that you can attend the opening workshop session at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 30, 2009 with a reception. The workshop will not conclude until dinner on Monday, August 3, and it is essential that you attend the full workshop, including the full day on Monday. An optional field trip will be held all day on Tuesday, August 4. Additional information for travel and ground transportation:
- Remember that participants must provide their own transportation to and from the workshop.
- The workshop will be held at Cornell University (link) and the Paleontological Research Institute (link). Both are located in Ithaca, NY, about 55 miles south of Syracuse International Airport and about 10 minutes from Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport.
- As the workshop approaches, we will provide you with a list of participant arrival times so that you can arrange to share ground transportation if you fly in to Syracuse Airport.
Before arriving at the workshop:
- Make a poster for the Friday evening poster session. When it's ready, upload your poster (link). Note: We cannot print your poster for you; you will need to print it out and bring it to the workshop yourself. However, we ask you to upload it so that we can make it available as a downloadable file from the workshop website.
- Upload your presentation file (link)if you are giving an oral presentation at the workshop. This will give you an on-site backup copy and will allow us to post your presentation on the website. You should still plan to bring a copy of your file with you. You will have the option of giving your presentation from your own computer, or you may use one of our laptops (both PCs and Macs will be available).
- Download the Medical Emergency Information Form (link), complete it, and bring it with you to the workshop in a sealed envelope. We will open the envelope and read the form only in the case of a medical emergency during the workshop.