Preparing Students in Two-Year Colleges for Geoscience Degrees and CareersIllinois Association of Geoscience Instructors (IAGI)
Joliet Junior College
Local workshop of SAGE 2YC (Supporting and Advancing Geoscience Education
in Two-Year colleges)
- provide information about geoscience careers
- identifying skills necessary for successful transfer
- discuss the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) and how it relates to preparing 2YC students to transfer to 4YC
Friday, 1 March 2013 from 8 AM to 3 PM
What are the participants expected to do:
- before the workshop - Complete the enrollment form, obtain a college catalogue to bring with you to refer to during discussion sessions
- during the workshop - participate in all sessions
- after the workshop - complete the local workshop evaluation and the supplemental 5 question SAGE evaluation
There are no costs for attending this workshop.
Application and Selection Criteria
All prospective participants are encouraged to complete the enrollment form. On-site registrants will be asked to complete the enrollment form when they arrive.
The workshop will be in the T Building Conference Center on the campus of Joliet Junior College. For driving directions to Joliet Junior College, please see (http://www.jjc.edu/about/campuses/Pages/main-campus.aspx). For the location of the T Building Conference Center, please see this campus map (http://www.jjc.edu/about/campuses/Pages/interactive-map.aspx). If you are coming the night before, here is a list of local hotels (http://www.jjc.edu/about/campuses/weitendorf/Pages/hotels.aspx). For other questions about Joliet Junior College, please contact Jon Laratta at email@example.com
Voorhees, Waubonsee Community College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cheryl Resnick, Illinois Central College (Cresnick@icc.edu)
If you would like further information about the workshop, please contact one of conveners listed above.