Microbial Life and Astrobiology - Advanced Collection
Compiled for professionals and advanced learners, this collection includes resources such as journal articles, academic reviews, and surveys.
Bacteria-like forms in the Martian meteorite Nakhla are the focus of intense research at the JSC Astrobiology Institute. Image credit: NASA/JSC.
- Astrobiology. Astrobiology is a peer-reviewed journal that explores the secrets of life's origin, evolution, distribution, and destiny in the universe. This multidisciplinary journal...(more info)
- Astrobiology: Exploring the Origins, Evolution, and Distribution of Life in the Universe. This 26-page review article introduces the field of astrobiology and addresses novel differences between astrobiology and previous efforts in exobiology. Topics...(more info)
- Exobiology in the Solar System and the Search for Life on Mars. This 180-page report of the European Space Agency offers an exobiological view of the solar system and describes the search for life on Mars. Exobiology sections include...(more info)
- International Journal of Astrobiology. The International Journal of Astrobiology is a new journal which acts as an important forum for practitioners in the exciting interdisciplinary field of astrobiology...(more info)
- Life in Extreme Environments (LExEn) Workshop Report. This is a draft report of the Life in Extreme Environments (LExEn) workshop held at the National Science Foundation. It proposes questions such as: What conditions determine...(more info)
- Looking for life in all the wrong places - research on cryptoendoliths . This article highlights the professional careers of two pioneer microbiologists, Imre Friedmann and his wife Roseli Ocampo-Friedmann. A personal interview with...(more info)
Other Astrobiology Collections
General Collection: Resources such as news articles, web sites, and reference pages provide a comprehensive array of information about Microbial Life and Astrobiology.
For Educators: This collection includes activities, assignments, and reading materials created specifically for educators.
For additional resources about Microbial Life and Astrobiology, search the Microbial Life collection.