Drought Mitigation Trade-offs
What are the trade-offs for mitigating drought through desalinization of sea water?
Explore the positive and negative aspects of desalinization of seawater as a source of freshwater? The following links can provide a starting point for your research.
- Why don't we get our drinking water from the ocean by taking the salt out of seawater?
- Our First Sip of Seawater
- Salt water plus waste heat equals drinking water
- Desalination: Option Or Distraction For A Thirsty World?
Distill a sample of salt water to produce freshwater.
- Gather these materials:
- 400 ml beaker with 200 ml tap water plus 7 g salt
- hot plate
- ring stand
- glass funnel
- one-hole stopper with bent glass tube
- rubber tubing
- 200 ml beaker
- watch glass