Financial models for study abroad: Advantages and disadvantages for students and institutionsROUNDTABLE # 6
Facilitator: Charlotte Blessing
Participants: Darrell Albon, Jason Badura, Antonio Esqueda, Ryan Fowler, Amy Dooley
- What are some of the different models for financing study abroad (home school fees, students are responsible for all costs, financial aid and scholarships apply fully, partially, not at all)?
- Who should be responsible for financing study abroad? The institution? Students?
- What are the implications of who finances study abroad in terms of access and educational outcomes?
- What factors do institutions need to take into account to evaluate the best financial models for themselves? (institutional resources - financial, human, curricular, student resources, the importance of study abroad to the curriculum)
- How can we leverage the value of study abroad to enlist external resources to help support study abroad (scholarships, federal and foundation support, private donations)?