Calculating the Total Annual Depth of Streamflow
- Students demonstrate the understanding of the concept of expressing total streamflow volume as equivalent depth (volume/area) units.
- Students demonstrate their ability to obtain total volume from streamflow time series records.
- Students learn to calculate total runoff volume from a streamflow time series in MS excel.
- Students learn to express the total streamflow volume in equivalent depth units.
- Numerical data: Streamflow time series (15-minute intervals) file for Hall Creek in Indiana: Streamflow time series (Excel 2007 (.xlsx) 1.5MB Sep7 15)
- Numerical data: Area of Hall Creek Watershed = 21.8 square miles
- Numerical Value: Total annual streamflow depth at the watershed outlet
Now, you know how to calculate the equivalent streamflow depth from a given streamflow time series at the watershed outlet.